SENIOR ASSISTED LIVING
IN Mallard Cove, OHIO
INSPIRING, ENGAGING, FULFILLING ASSISTED LIVING AT Mallard Cove.
At Mallard Cove, Assisted Living residents live worry-free and with as much independence as possible. The support of personalized care services – including assistance with activities of daily living like dressing and bathing – a full social calendar, and convenient services and amenities make senior living feel less restrictive and much more liberating.
Our Assisted Living lifestyle promotes choice, dignity, privacy, independence and individuality. While support and assistance are always available, it’s our personalized approach that sets us apart and helps residents thrive.
We improve quality of life through:
- The warmth of a safe, family-like environment
- Exceptional senior care services
- Meaningful relationships among residents and staff
- Inspiring care that enhances everyday life and the human spirit
From the moment a resident joins our Mallard Cove family, our priority is to get to know their likes, dislikes, goals and aspirations. It’s why residents and their families feel inspired and fulfilled by our Assisted Living community.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION OR SCHEDULE A TOUR
ASSISTED LIVING SERVICES & AMENITIES
Mallard Cove provides Assisted Living services and amenities that go beyond what other communities offer. Residents no longer have to worry about housekeeping, home maintenance, or finding support when help is needed. Our services and amenities include:
- Three meals per day
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- 24/7 assistance and support
- In-home emergency call system
- Pet-friendly community
- Comfortable apartment homes that meet different styles and budgets
- Personalized care and assistance with activities of daily living like dressing and bathing
- Access to on-site therapies provided by local licensed parOHers
- Ask the Expert with Sylvia Kurinsky – a personalized, senior living advisor who specializes in mediating familial communications and helping families navigate the journey to senior living
FEEL THE DIFFERENCE OF OUR ASSISTED LIVING PROGRAMMING & ACTIVITIES
We’re not your typical Assisted Living community; we’re all about experiencing life to its fullest. Assisted Living residents at Mallard Cove enjoy full social calendars designed to keep them active, engaged and living well.
Programs are tailored to residents’ personal interests and needs, no matter their age or abilities. Some resident-favorite Assisted Living activities include:
- Craft corner
- Rhythm and motion fiOHess classes
- Walking club
- Outings to local shops, restaurants, and attractions
Ask The Expert
Our goal at Charter Senior Living is to help family caregivers and their loved ones navigate aging to the best of their abilities. One way we do this is through our newest resource, Ask the Expert, with Sylvia Kurinsky.
Sylvia is our go-to Charter expert and Certified Dementia Practitioner offering personalized senior living advice, mediating familial communications, and enhancing the human spirit through an honest and kind approach. Assisted Living is one of her specialties, among several others, which include:
- Gaining a deep understanding of what seniors and their families want and need
- Developing specialized strategies for the senior who refuses to move no matter how unsafe their home has become
- Helping adult children care for their parents
- Working with complicated family dynamics to ease the process of searching for a senior living solution
Sylvia is here to help. Get all your questions answered today.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between assisted living and a nursing home?
Overall, the main difference between assisted living and care offered in a nursing home is that nursing homes provide medical and personal care in a clinical setting, while assisted living primarily provides personal care in a home-like, social setting.
Who qualifies for assisted living?
Seniors whose health or well-being requires a higher level of support or those who would benefit from a healthier lifestyle and social engagement qualify for Assisted Living.
Most communities conduct a health assessment that follows state regulations to determine what level of care or assistance is best for each individual.
What kind of services does Assisted Living provide?
Assisted living communities give older adults personalized care in a residential setting. Most assisted living communities – including Charter Senior Living Assisted Living communities – provide services including:
- One to three meals a day
- Monitoring of medication
- Personal care, including dressing and bathing
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Some medical services
- Social and recreational activities
- Care coordination
- Mobility assistance
- Complimentary transportation
Some assisted living communities offer respite care or short-term care. Additionally, some communities offer access to home care services for those who may need more assistance than is provided at the community but who are not yet ready for a skilled nursing care center.
How much does assisted living cost?
The Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020 estimates the Sharonville area regional median monthly rate for assisted living is $4,666, which breaks down to around $153 per day. To put that into some context, the same survey says a private room in a nursing home will cost around $288 per day ($8,760 per month). Home health aide services average $170 per day.
Mallard Cove’s starting at price for a one-bedroom, all-inclusive apartment is $4,000/month
Does Medicare pay for Assisted Living?
While your personal health insurance coverage continues and your pharmaceutical coverage continues, Medicare typically doesn’t pay for assisted living.
Most assisted living residents pay for this kind of care from their personal resources or with help from coverage provided by long-term care insurance. Veterans benefits can help cover the cost for eligible Veterans and surviving spouses who are over age 65.